Thursday, June 4, 2009

Fairy Garden Update


Now that Summer is in full swing my little garden has transformed a bit. I thought I'd share a few pictures I took a couple of weeks ago (yes, a couple weeks ago! With moving and trying to keep up with orders I hadn't found the time until now to share these! Thankfully this garden is actually located in my mother's yard, so the move didn't effect my keeping up with it!)

The Chamomile has taken over the space and seems to be really happy in this shady little corner of the yard. They've turned into giant bushes of delicate, fragrant flowers. And, although it's not visible from the photo, I'm happy to report that the maidenhair fern has begun to grow. Which tells me that my uprooting it, chopping it down to just a few stems and replanting over a few feet didn't kill it! Sadly, I can not say the same for the passionflower vine. It died soon after I transplanted it.

So, I didn't get as much planted here as I'd hoped. I wanted to add some ferns in the back, and maybe a stepping stone or two. I'll call it a work in progress, as are many things in my life....

1 comment:

  1. Really beautiful...it looks like a peaceful and relaxing place to enjoy nature. :0)

    ReplyDelete