Monday, April 20, 2009

Ice Cream for Breakfast


That's right, you read it. My boys had ice cream for breakfast today.

We go through a lot of bananas in our house. And, I don't complain since I like my boys to eat lots of fresh fruits and veggies.

Now that the weather has begun to warm up it's a perfect time for Banana Ice Cream, and why not for breakfast? After all it's 100% vegan, raw, and Organic (as long as you use Organic bananas)

I froze about 6 pealed bananas over night, then fed them through my Champion Juicer. It really is amazing how creamy it comes out. It looks just like vanilla ice cream, complete with little flecks (look like vanilla beans, are really bits of banana seeds). Anyway, my Shep Loves it (and so does his baby brother)! It's equal to regular dairy ice cream to him, maybe a little better since he gets to watch it being made and take part in the preparation.

I added a bit of 'Raw Goji Berry & Cacao Powder Mix' to add some more healthiness and make it look and taste a bit more special.


Needless to say, the bowl was empty in no time!

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness, yes! we have done this many times and it's a great treat that is so healthy!! :0)

    ReplyDelete