Saturday, July 12, 2008

I love Mt Shasta



My boys and I spent the 4th of July weekend with family, in the little town of Mt. Shasta CA, way up north in the fresh mountain air.
I really do love it there. With the mountain looming in the distance, overlooking the town, it has such a majestic presence. There is so must natural beauty all around this place. And the little town is quaint and homey.



I took lots of pictures so I thought I'd share them here.







We took lots of walks and Shepard got to feed horses for the first time. We fed them dry grass that was growing everywhere.













And, I just have to share these. I got Shepard a red balloon at a festival we went to. I heard him behind me making lots of noise, and I see him thrashing around with his balloon.




















He was having a blast, and didn't stop for a few minutes, long enough for me to snap a few pictures.
I got to see a great performance too. The people who do it travel in a purple bus that runs on vegetable oil. And, they make beautiful sustainable clothes and accessories.



Here we are in the chilly creek that runs through the town park. The water was so fresh and clean, with so many green and lush plants surrounding it.




















But, we really spent most of our time at my uncle's house, playing on his giant front lawn and sitting in the shade of the
tall trees.










No comments:

Post a Comment