Monday, June 23, 2008

Hand Carving Stamps: My New Obsession!




I was so excited when I learned that I could carve my own stamps using rubber blocks and simple carving tools (Both available for your local craft supply store, for me that's 'Michaels')! Maybe it's partly because carving the stamps takes me back to my childhood days of cutting and scraping designs into my school erasers.
It's really enjoyable to create a stamp using my own drawings. I've got so many ideas, these are just a few of my first designs. Check out my Etsy Shop if you'd like to see my newest designs.

I highly recommend stamp carving to those of you who are crafty types. If you would like to learn more there is a plethora of information on the web, here's a place to start: Ruthann's Soft-Block Carving

No comments:

Post a Comment